Emily's Journey through Stage IV High Risk Neuroblastoma. Please check back often as we will update as often as we can.

Emily's Journey's Most Recent Facebook Post

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Michigan Again

First, I just want to say thank you for all the love, support and thoughts and prayers that you all have continued to send our way as we continue in treatment with Emily. As many of those emails came sending there love, I have also been getting emails just recently of how can people help, and what do we need right now. We are sure that more traveling is coming up for our future, and next week we could very well be traveling by car to Michigan on Monday evening if a flight is not available as well.  So, gas cards, gift cards and donations made on Emily's webpage are very helpful to us. Our address is

Hubbel Family
PO Box 5383
Midlothian, VA 23112

We did receive notification last night that Emily will need to be back in Michigan early next week.  Dr Sholler would like for her to have scans again, which will tell us how quickly she is progressing and then we can talk about what she has available. We will need to be there early Tuesday morning.  We have gone ahead and started the process with Wings of Mercy and we are hopeful that they will be able to help us, but with the late notice, we need to have a backup plan. We possibly will have to drive and gas is going up again!  We have already booked the Renucci House and thankful that they have availability.  And just waiting for notice right now on flilght, because we will need a rental car if flying.

We will also meet with Dr. Gowda again tomorrow more or less to see if anything else is available, hopefully view scans that should be here today from Michigan from the last time.and to check Emily's counts again.  Her previous platelets were 43, so we are hoping that they are going up again!  Some of the trials we talked about before was either something at Sloan Ketterling or CHOP. We will see.  One of our biggest concerns is making sure that Emily stay on the same type of MIBG/CT scan and then making sure the trial is really what we want moving forward and has the obvious desire, getting rid of the new disease and not progressing.

We really hope to have a treatment plan soon, so that we know what we are doing moving forward.  This being in limbo and not really sure of what is going on, is the disease progressing, a bit stressful.
I will try to update more later.


  1. Praying for you Emily. Don't ever give up hope. I am seeking Father and asking Him to remove this cancer and for these scans to come back clear.

    Praying and praying,

  2. Emily I just learned about you from a friend and will be keeping you close in my heart and prayers Hugs and Blessings

  3. As always, my family is rooting for you, Miss Emily! You are the most beautiful and courageous little girl ever, and such an inspiration to so many people. I admire your ability to fight and endure, and still keep that gorgeous smile on your face through it all. And you have the best Mommy and Daddy ever, who would go to the moon and back for you. I will keep praying for you, like I do every day, and hope that you start feeling better very, very soon! You have a great team of doctors and a fantastic family on your side. :)