Emily was admitted for neutropenia, her ANC was still too low to even register at this point. Fever when we left the ER was 103 and With still no ANC, her hemoglobin took a drop to 7 and her platelets took a big drop to 12! So, she needs both blood products. Platelets took a while to finally start and once they were going to start she had fever a 100.9. Thankfully the fever came down and she was able to get the platelets , they ended up coming up to 27, still pretty low for Emily and especially right now with them quickly dropping. We have to wait 4 hours to get the blood, so about 2am, so it will be a long night. Tomorrow we were scheduled to meet with the GI specialist, they are going to see if they can get them to come here, it will be a consult if they can come. They would also like a chest X-ray but would like to talk to the doctor in the morning about that. Right now it could be a 24 to 48 hour inpatient stay, but we will have to see how her counts do and if she has any other fevers. All of her chemo has been stopped for now.
Thank you for all of the love and thoughts. Emily is hanging in there and took the having to stay inpatient better than we thought. Her sister Brianna on the other hand, has a really hard time when Emily is not home.